RedShift Executive Coaching Program
Enterprise change programs and start-up businesses provide good staging areas for learning, integrating, embodying and modeling leadership competencies based on self-awareness and critical to personal and organizational change and transformation.
“The warrior accepts that we can never know what will happen to us next.”
- Pema Chodron
- Individual ongoing coaching and consulting to expand self-awareness and to raise emotional and social intelligence.
- Change support, feedback and dialectical exchange that helps executives create an atmosphere in which change can happen and one in which desired changes occur.
- Brainstorming, resource sharing, decision-making and problem-solving feedback and support.
- Corporate Community: There’s increasingly sense of the critical importance of creating a corporate climate in which shareholder profit maximization does not preclude the exportation of moral authority. We simply have to acknowledge that the community created by a combination of shareholder value maximization dogma, executive compensation theories, Wall Street analysts and bankers, and the financial press creates an unhealthy and inauthentic community.
Think about it. A healthy community:
* Believes in reciprocity rather than exploitation.
* Believes in long-term relationships rather than one-off encounters.
* Protects its weakest members rather than targeting them for gouging.
* Worries about the externalities it creates rather than turning a blind eye to them.
* Discourages its members from playing games that endanger the community rather than encouraging them.
Of course the vast majority of US public company executives eschew actual illegalities most of the time. That said, unless we change the fundamental quality of that community, we will continue to have periodic outbreaks of criminal behavior. After all, within the course of a single decade, we had the Enron/Worldcom/Tyco/Global Crossing/Adelphia accounting scandal, the options backdating scandal, and the sub-prime mortgage scandal. This is not an accident. This is the direct result of the rules of the unhealthy community we have created. Full article HBR
- Executives:You know that the Internet will alter your business but don’t know how to manage the impact. I gave a talk in Edinburgh last year to a group of TV executives gathered for an annual conference. From the Q&A after, it was clear that for them, the question wasn’t whether the internet was going to alter their business, but about the mode and tempo of that alteration. Against that background, though, they were worried about a much more practical matter: When, they asked, would online video generate enough money to cover their current costs?
That kind of question comes up a lot. It’s a tough one to answer, not just because the answer is unlikely to make anybody happy, but because the premise is more important than the question itself. Full article by Clay Shirkey
- CIO: You’re facing many paradigm shifts including: user-generated content, social networks, knowledge sharing and transparency. You’re no longer sure of your role, your power or your future.
- Talent Manager: Your people are your greatest resource and competitive advantage – but you can’t identify, motivate or retain, the best.
- C.F.O.: Your functional C.F.O. competencies served the traditional, one-dimensional organization but now must expand for multi-dimensional organizational leadership. (see: eBook)
- C.E.O.: You’re not comfortable with soft skills but know that they’re critical for building trust, helping people through uncertainty, and facing the new moral and ethical challenges arising in a rapidly changing global environment.
- Start-up partners: What brought you together initially has become less relevant as the company grows and the organizational structure changes. The lack of shared understanding about the business direction is negatively affecting decision-making, trust and morale.
Coaching Program Fees: Fixed-Price, Fixed-Time Options
Short Program – 4 Hours – 4 Week Period – $400
Long Program – 10 Hours – 8 Week Period – $800