About Mary Wynne-Wynter
I’m @mwyn on Twitter: Paradox Huntress. Flower Whisperer. Certified by The Field. Self-wired for Intimacy. Poised for Matriarchy Rising. I Row. I Tango.
My Distinctive Capabilities
The Business I’m In
- I’m in the change business. My space is the intersection of communication, awareness and direction. My work innovates the (traditional) management consulting, communications and personal development industries.
- I’m also in the beautification business. My space is the intersection of gardens, awareness and art. My professional trade innovates the (traditional) landscaping/gardening industry.
- I’ve always been a change facilitator and creative, autodidact generalist. I was born that way.
- I’ve experienced many challenges in my life, motivating me to find an inner purpose.
- The right teachers and guides were there for me when I was ready to accept them.
- I never aspired to a management career because I liked producing and creating more than I liked managing people who produced and created. I think screenwriter/producer David E. Kelley once said something similar. I was always interested in leadership.
I started RedShift in 1998. I was driven by my desire for independence and also by my intuition that massive change was coming and that I was meant to help people and business respond to it in wholly new ways.
RedShift has morphed over the past decade but the core philosophy and brand qualities have not. I chose the name because I’m interested in cosmology and metaphysics. Redshift, associated with waves and space expansion seemed an excellent metaphor for change.
In a nutshell, what I do is help people with personal, professional and organizational change, so that they can grow, take risks, succeed and prosper in a world that’s increasingly complex, conceptual and connected. To this end I’ve designed a suite of personal and business change programs, I write a blog and participate and share learning through social networks and communities.
In 2009 I followed an intuition to work outdoors, at least part-time, and preferably around beautiful flowers and gardens. Almost immediately a job showed up from a grower who needed a garden center merchandiser who could work independently for a big-box store client. Flower gardening has always been a passion, the merchandise was beautiful to work with, the position required an entrepreneurial approach and I had the strength and stamina for the physical work because of my athleticism.
But what I’d not realized was how starved was my soul for trade and artisan-ship. The work in no way detracted from my professional service business but actually complemented it, stimulating my creativity, focus and commitment. My best ideas and models were hatched while I was proverbially “slinging plants”!
That creativity resulted in the launch of RedShift Gardens by Mary Wynne-Wynter, Flower Whisperer in the spring of 2011.
Notes and trivia
Had a passion for growing hybrid roses in the early 90′s.
Connect With Me
Here are some ways we can connect.